Thursday, April 21, 2016

One More Autograph, Anticipating

I've added another autograph to my certified autograph collection, even though it doesn't meet my rule....yet.

The rule...one certified autograph for any Cub player that had one issued during a year they played for the Cubs and the card shows the player as a Cub.

Here's what I picked up...



...a certified auto of Carl Edwards from this year's Gypsy Queen.

It doesn't meet my rule because Edwards hasn't played for the Cubs this year.  However, it is very likely that he will so I went ahead and bought the card.

The past couple years have been a hit on the wallet adding autos and relics of guys like Bryant, Schwarber, Soler, Russell, and Baez.

I got a break with Edwards.  Brent charged me a whole three bucks for the card.  So even if Edwards isn't called up this year, I would only be out $3.  

I'll take the chance.

1 comment:

  1. 3 buck! Man! This exact card was $10 at my LCS the other day.

    ReplyDelete