Friday, April 15, 2016

The Official 2016 Cubs Schedule

Last week I called the Cubs to place an order for a media guide.  At the same time I requested a few copies of the 2016 pocket schedule.  The schedules arrived yesterday.


The cover is almost identical to the schedule given away at the Cubs Convention in January.


Too bad they couldn't change things up a little bit.

This year's schedule is significantly smaller than the 2015 version.  Its actually just half the size.  Last year there were 14 different panels on the front and back.  This year its just seven panels per side.


This side has ticket information and the promotional schedule.  The seating chart shows all the different areas of the ballpark.  There are 24 different types of tickets to choose from.  Missing, however, are ticket prices.

Back in the days when I was a kid, the Cubs had just four ticket types...box seats, reserved grandstands, general admission, and bleachers.


The second side of the schedule has the actual game schedule.  Notice that there are five different game levels.  Only eight of their 81 home games are at the cheapest level, bronze.  And if you want to go to the bargain games, I hope you like the Reds.  Five of the eight bronze games are against Cincinnati.

My schedule collection goes back to my birth year, 1961.  I've now got 56 years worth...take a look


No comments:

Post a Comment