Saturday, June 15, 2019

2019 Big League Cubs Inserts

2019 Big League has several insert sets though not was many as other brands, as Big League is supposed to be for the kids.


This set highlights big blasts from 2018.  Baez had the third-longest of the season, a 481' shot on August 23rd.



 

El Mago and J-Hey are in the Nicknames set.  Heyward makes an insert set but not the base set.  I always find that to be odd.


The Star Caricature set has 30 cards and after a quick rundown of the checklist, it looks like there is one card for each team.  Rizzo is the Cubs representative.

Two other sets, Wall Climbers and Ballpark Oddities, are Cub-less.


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I like those nickname cards! I wish Topps would do a bigger insert set featuring nicknames on the front and given names on the back. Maybe an insert set in flagship over S1, S2 and Update... 50 cards in each. Maybe it even replaces that 300 card insert set featuring 1983/1984 designs. I'm getting so tired of reliving the older designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only the images used for the Blast Off insert were actually for the HR the person hit. It's small details like that make me appreciate them trying.

    The caricatures set is a fascinating weird set that I can't decide if I love or hate.

    ReplyDelete