Thursday, June 20, 2019

Father's Day Goodies Part I

This past Sunday I ended up with a couple blog / Cubs related Father's Day presents.

Today, I've got the Cubs covered.


I didn't know anything about this book until my dad mentioned it to me.  It was released a little more than a month ago.  He told me about it, and I mentioned it to Mrs. WW, who then clicked away at Amazon and gave me the book on Sunday.

The title tells is all - the book is about the 23-22 game on May 17, 1979.  It's still had to believe that it was 40 years ago and its still hard to believe that I was at the game.

Not many books are written about a single game and ever fewer are written about games that I've attended.  I'll be interested to see how accurate the author portrays the events.

3 comments:

  1. What a game. Crazy to think you can score 6 in the 1st inning and you're still down by 9 runs after the top of the third.
    I'm sure it will be a fun read for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book is sitting on the coffee table at my in-laws house. I know my wife bought it because it was in her car a week ago. I don't know for whom the book is for since I didn't get it for Father's Day, but I too thought it was odd for a whole book to be based on one game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty cool that you attended this game. Gotta imagine this is gonna be a fun read for you.

    ReplyDelete