Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Topps 2021 Billy Williams

 Some years the Topps design is pretty easy to recreate.  Other years it can be a real pain to make homemade cards.  The 2021 design was a pain!

I used both GIMP and Inkscape to make the card.  Problem features of the design include the stripes on the side.  They had to be semitransparent over the picture but solid on the border.  The player's name was a pain because of the slant.  I'm not good enough to completely overcome those issues, but I got fairly close.

Here's my version of a Billy Williams card.  Don't look carefully at the ends of my stripes because they're not cut the same way as the actual design.  I got the slant on the name but my font was much narrower than the real cards.  However, I think the skinnier lettering is more readable than what Topps came up with.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, and you're right, the font is better. My eyes don't like the font Topps used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to see the "card" in hand to know if the lettering is readable, but it does seem like an improvement.

    ReplyDelete