Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Heading to the National on Friday

 


Mrs. WW and I are heading to the National on Friday.  I've always wanted to go, but work got in the way.  I don't have that excuse any more.  The National is in Chicago this year, meaning just a 2½ hour ride to get there.  Everything lines up, so we figured, why not!

I'll have my most-wanted list with me and see if I can knock any more off of it.

I've heard that the National can be a bit overwhelming, so I'm looking for any advice from those of you who have been to one.

11 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to attend as well, but have never made the trip. I'm hoping you'll give an honest review of your experience here on WW. Maybe it'll convince me to make the 2+ hour trip some summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I'd go too if it were only 2.5 hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there Friday as well! For me it is about pacing yourself. I tend to hold off on larger purchases until I've looked around quite a bit. I also have kept notes on my phone for booths I want to revisit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope to see ya Mr WW & let's me know how to identify ya in the midst of those other Cubbies fans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If ya need a tour guide upon arrival lmk & I'll be glad to help you out

      Delete
    2. I’ll be wearing a blue t-shirt that says “Cubs Fan” in white letters.

      Delete
  5. Just look for a guy wearing a black shirt that says Sportscardforum.com wearing a The Ohio State Hat w/glasses

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want to text me email me at this email address sr75osufan75 at yahoo.com & I'll email you my phone number

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just make sure ya say MR&MRS WW SAY HI in the subject box

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never been, but I hope that you and the missus have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete