Friday, July 7, 2023

The 2023 South Bend Cubs Set

 A few weeks ago I picked up the South Bend Cubs set.  I have a set for each season since the team became a Cubs affiliate in 2015.  The trouble with a set like this is that it is outdated before it even goes to the printer.  Players are shuffling up and down in the system all the time.  But I suppose you have to mark the team at some point and the Cubs typically do it early in the season.

The set is made up of 34 players, the manager, and three coaches.  The biggest name would be Cade Horton, the Cubs #1 selection in last year's draft.  He continues to pitch really well and I doubt that he'll spend the entire season in South Bend.











































2 comments:

  1. Solid looking design, especially if you're the autograph seeking type.
    I saw Bryce Ball was let go the other day. He was the return for sending Joc Pederson to the Braves. So, yeah, definitely some roster movement.
    Although, this set does feature three of the four gentlemen who combined to no-hit the Peoria Chiefs last night. Wish I could have been in South Bend last night to see that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought, "lots of room on that card for autographs"

    ReplyDelete