Monday, November 20, 2023

Buck O'Neil's Hall of Fame Postcard

 Thank you to P-Town Tom for point out my omission!

A few weeks ago I wrote about how I forgot to get the postcard for Fred McGriff when he was inducted into the Hall of Fame this past summer.

It turns out that he was not the only card I forgot.  Eagle-eyed P-Town Tom noticed that there was no card for Buck O'Neil.  It was another Duh moment for me!

O'Neil was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2022.  He was noted for a life dedicated to baseball as a player, manager, scout, and coach.  He was with the Cubs organization as a scout and later coach during the late '50s and early 60's.  

When named to the Cubs coaching staff in 1962, he became the first black coach in MLB history.

3 comments:

  1. I love that Greats of the Game auto of Buck. I've chased that card for a long time, but always passed on its price. Someday I'll add it to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought mine back in 2012 when the price was much more reasonable.

      Delete