Saturday, November 18, 2023

Eighties Alphabetically

 Welcome to my new Saturday series, Eighties Alphabetically.  I've previously done Sixties Saturday and Seventies Saturday, showing Cubs team sets from those decades.  

Eighties Saturday doesn't have the same alliteration as those other two, so I decided to change things up a bit and go with Eighties Alphabetically.  That gives me my alliteration.

So what will I be doing?

Each Saturday I'll show a brand's Cubs cards from the 1980s, and I do the brand names in alphabetical order.  I've got cards from 94 different brands, so this will take almost two years.  I may stretch some of the bigger sets into a couple different posts, too.

I won't be doing the cards from the big brands, either.  There will be no Topps, Fleer, Donruss, Upper Deck, Score, or Pacific, since I've already done those in my Comparing the Main Brands posts.

Some of the brands have just one card, some have cards from almost every year of the decade, and most fall somewhere in between.

And which brands, you ask, will I be doing?

Here are the 94 that will be featured, starting next week, in alphabetical order:

3-D
Action Packed
Ajax
All Star Program
Ames
Archives Reprints
Baseball All Time Greats
Baseball Card Magazine
Baseball Legends
Bazooka
Big
Big League Chew
Big League Collectibles
Boardwalk and Baseball
Bowman
Burger King
Cadaco
Cap'n Crunch
Champions
Chef Boyardee
Circle K
Classic
Coke
Conlon
Cracker Jack
Cramers
Dorman's Cheese
Drakes
Fantastic Sams
FBI
Fleer Stamps
Fleer Stickers
Fritsch
Fun Foods
Galasso Glossy Greats
General Mills
Hills
Holsum
Hostess
Jays
Jewel
Jiffy Pop
Jox
KAS
KayBee
Kelloggs
King B
Kitty Clover
K Mart
Kraft
Leaf
Louisville Slugger
MM's
MLB in Stamps
Meadow Gold
MSA
Nestle
Nissen
On Deck Cookies
O-Pee-Chee Stickers
Our Own Tea
Panini
Perez Steele
Perma-Graphics
Peter Pan
Quaker Oats
SCD Price Guide
Score
Seven Eleven
Smokey Bear
Sportflics
Sports Design Products
SI for Kids
Squirt
Star
Starline
Starting Lineup
Stuart
Super
Super Stars
Superstar
Superstar Photo cards
Swell
TCMA
Team Issued
Tetley Tea
Topps Coins
Topps Stickers
Topps UK
Toys R Us
True Value
Unocal
Weis
Woolworth

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I was so very much hoping you would do an 80's Saturday series! This will take me right back to my childhood! I can't wait! (I apologize for the blatant overuse of exclamation points. I'm just so excited!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll have a great trip down memory lane. And you can use as many exclamations points as you'd like.. you're a math teacher, not an English teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. This got me curious and I went through the Dodgers I have for '80s brands (excluding the major flagship sets). I was up to 100 by 1987. Part of that reason is all the Fleer box sets issued in the late '80s, are you doing those? Also, no O-Pee-Chee?

    ReplyDelete