Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hostess IS Topps and Topps Is Hostess

Remember this post from Monday where I was lamenting the fact that Hostess was just as bad as Topps? Well, now I know why.



I saw this Hostess 1978 card on Ebay and as soon as I saw it, I knew it looked familiar. Check out this post from a few weeks ago on a item available from the Topps Vault. I couldn't understand why Topps would take the time to airbrush a photo, but not use it on a card (and instead make a really ugly Kingman card instead). Now I know.



Here is the vault item along side the Hostess 1978 Kingman..

It looks like Topps was doing the design work for the Hostess cards. That would answer the question about the airbrushed Kingman photo from the Topps Vault.



But still unanswered is this question, "Why make a card this ugly??"

No comments:

Post a Comment