Friday, September 4, 2015

1988 Starting Lineup Cubs


Kenner released its first set of baseball player figures in 1988.  There were 124 different players and in addition to the figure, a baseball card was included.  I'm not interested in the figures - they take up too much space.

But the baseball cards fit nicely into a binder, and so I've hunted down all the Cubs.

The 1988 checklist included six Cubs.  The team was in transition, so there are some players left over from the '84 division champ team, while a couple would be part of the '89 Eastern Division champs.

 
 
 
 
 

The red and blue logo, along with the red border, match very nicely with the Cubs logo and uniforms.  These are my favorites of all the Starting Lineup cards.

I'll be showing more in the days to come.  Stay tuned.



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this set. My favorites are the well cropped action shots. I started building it last year and only need five more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I was just chatting about these with a co-worker at lunch the other day.

    ReplyDelete