Some scattered thoughts on the set:
- Over the five weeks of the promotion the Cubs went from a 7½ game lead to second place. Ouch.
- Jewel did a pretty decent job with player selection. They got all the regular position players, the starting rotation, the top bench players, and the top of the bullpen. About the only thing missing was a backup catcher. But since Durocher never gave Hundley much of a break, the Cubs bench catchers were an unknown group.
- All the pictures were taken at Wrigley Field. Some were from 1967, some from '68, and a few more from 1969.
- I wonder how many of these were printed and distributed? I'll bet there were an awful lot of the week 5 no-hats left over.
- I haven't come up with a good way to store the pictures. There are no 6" x 9" pages. For now I'll just use an 8½" x 11" sheets.
- Jewel repeated the promotion in 1973, 1977, and 1984. I think I am going to try to get all of these, too.
Here's one last look at all 20 in a tile. Each row is made up of the players from that particular week.