Thursday, January 5, 2017

1992 Topps Gold Cubs Set

I'm still reorganizing my parallel sets.  One of my goals with this was to get the 1992 Gold parallel set, which was the first parallel Topps released.  The gold cards were found as inserts in regular packs.  You could have also bought a factory set for just $634.  Yes you saw that correctly....over $600 for a factory set.  Crazy days back then!  You can find the set on Ebay for $40 or less today.

I found a seller on Ebay that had the Cubs team set.  It was cheaper and easier to do it this way than to try to find the cards on Sportlots.

The 27-card set arrived last week.  As I was putting the cards into the binder yesterday, I compared them to the base set.  I realized that the team set I bought was missing the two prospect cards.  I was going to have to head to Sportlots after all.  The prospects should be here within a week.

Here is a tile of the 27 players.  The team included the `1992 Cy Young winner Greg Maddux, one of three Hall of Famers on the roster.  They won just 77 games and finished fourth.



1 comment:

  1. Didn't these also have variations with the word "Winner" on them?

    ReplyDelete