Monday, January 16, 2017

I Got a Gamer!!

I've been waiting a while for one to come available at a reasonable price.

I found one that was too expensive for me, but no one else bought it either.  It was relisted several times, each a bit cheaper than before.

It finally made it down to my range and I got it!

Behold!!!






A game worn Darwin Barney home jersey!!

This is probably the last jersey worn by Darwin Barney at Wrigley Field as a member of the Cubs.  It is from the third set of jerseys from the 2014 season.


And to be sure, it has an MLB authentication sticker attached,

It's been a while since I've added anything to the Barney collection.  This might be the last piece I'll get.  If it is, it's a heck of a way to go out!

Now a little about the cost.... I went to Wrigleyville Sports to price jerseys.  For more than double the price of what I paid for this, you can get an authentic but not game worn jersey of most current Cub players.  Even the replica jerseys are more than what I spent. Crazy!

6 comments:

  1. Nice job! It sounds like your patience was rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats. I've never gotten any actual game used items from my sport. I have no idea how I could store it without it getting damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Even with the relatively small Barney it would still be too big for me. Don't know your stats. Does it fit you? Or is it just for the ol' display case?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It almost fits...just a little snug. I think it will be a display piece.

      Delete
  4. A silver signature would look pretty sweet right across the top of the 5! Nice pickup!

    ReplyDelete