Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The World Series Champion 25-card Set

I wrote about the problem I had getting the set, and I wrote about Topps fixing the problem, but I forgot to show the cards!

This set has 10 more cards than the blister version.

Between the two sets, there were three cards that were identical in both.  I'll start with those...




There were three players with cards in this set that were left out of the smaller set:




Several players saw an increase in the number of cards, going from one to two or two to three.  In all cases, though, the pictures are different than what was used on the 15-card set.


















And finally, a couple had the same number of cards in both sets...









7 comments:

  1. I bought the blister and the boxed set. I looked at the checklist and assumed that every card in the blister was also in the box. But, after reading your post that doesn't sound right. There are only three duplicates between the two? Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it interesting that you rarely see umpires on cards anymore (separate union?) but there's 3 in this set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice find on noticing the umpires, never noticed that before

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting, I had picked up the boxed set and didn't want to get the 15-card one because I thought most of the cards were the same. Now I'll have to think about it. Do the backs have a different write up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The write ups on the backs of the cards are identical; just the pictures were changed

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost didn't buy the set and then thought about how stupid I was being and picked one up. I actually just opened the cards yesterday. Now I don't have to scan them. They look just like yours.

    ReplyDelete