Monday, January 9, 2017

Updating My Cubs Brands List

I've recently changed the way I count the brands I've completed and my total has risen from 109 to 119.

In the past I counted all of the Topps retail brands as one brand.  I've decided to list each of those bands as separate completed brands.  That adds Ames, Circle K, Drakes, K Mart, Kaybee, Marketside, Quaker Oats, Revco, Rite Aid, Squirt, Toys R Us, and Woolworth to the list.  Within a week I should be adding McDonalds and Burger King to the list.

My old list also included relics and autographs.  While I have my rule-keeping relics and autographs in the collection, they aren't really a brand.  So they are off the list.

After the additions and subtraction I've got the following 119 brands, with all the Cubs cards from each.  Look over the list and let me know if there are any good ones I should add....I'm always looking for more to add.

Action Packed
All Time Heroes of Baseball
Allen & Ginter
Ames
Archives
Attax
Aunt Millies
Baseball Heroes
Baseball Wit
Baseball's All Time Greats
Bazooka
Big
Bowman
Bunt
Champions
Chicago Tribune
Chicago's Greats
Chrome
Circa
Circle K
Classic
Coke
Collectors Choice
Conlon
Cracker Jack
Cramers Baseball Legends
Decade 1970s
Dell Todays Cubs
Dexter Press
Diamond Greats
Diamond Kings
Donruss
Drakes
Extra Bases
Factory Team
Fan Favorite
Finest
Flair
Fleer
Fleer Stickers
Fleer Ultra
Fritsch
Fun Foods
Galasso Glossy Greats
Gallery
Goudey
Grand Slam
Greats of the Game
Gypsy Queen
Heritage
Heritage '51
Hostess
Jewel
K Mart
Kay Bee
Kelloggs
Leaf
Line Drive
Lineage
Marketside
Masterpieces
Milton Bradley
MSA
MVP
National Chicle
OPC
Opening Day
Ovation
Pacific
Pacific Legends
Pinnacle
Play Ball
Post
Pro Debut
Quaker Oats
Revco
Rite Aid
Rookie Cup
Score
Sega Card Gen
Select
Seven Eleven
Shakeys
SP
SP Authentic
SP Legendary Cuts
Spectrum
Sportflics
Sports Design Products
Squirt
SSPC
Stadium Club
Star
Starting Lineup
Studio
Summit
Swell
T201
T205
T206
TCMA
Team Issued
Ted Williams
Timeless Teams
Tip Top Bread
Topps
Topps Kids
Topps Stamps
Topps Stickers
Topps Total
Toys R Us
Triple Play
True Value
Turkey Red
Upper Deck
Victory
Windy City Superstars
Woolworth
X

6 comments:

  1. Does Topps NOW count as a brand for your record-keeping purposes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It counts, but it is too rich for my blood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to remember there were Red Lobster Topps Cubs cards produced in the 90's at some point

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about Budweiser, Old Style, Vineline and Investors Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about the SGA sets. Thorn Valley, Gatorade, Marathon Oil, Pepsi/Arbys and Rolaids. I can't sleep:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Red Lobster, Bud, Old Style, Thorn Apple Valley, and others are listed as Team Issued.

      Delete