Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Down the Classics Rabbit Hole

I recently showed the 2014 Classics card that I was given by Chad.  I also mentioned that Donruss put out a Classics set from 2001 through 2005.  That sent me down a Classics rabbit hole.  I ended up spending several hours chasing Classics.

I thought that I already had the Classics cards.  Turns out that I have the Classic cards (which were part of a trivia game), but not the Classics cards.  The "s" at the end makes a difference.


More digging revealed that I do have the 2004 Classics cards.  They were kept in my Donruss binder.  I got them over ten years ago, as I was getting back into collecting.  I think I assumed they were an insert with the regular Donruss set, not a stand-alone brand.

While I have the 2004 set, I was missing 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2005.  The Trading Card Database gave me a nice team set listing for each year.  From there it was on to Sportlots, Ebay, and the Beckett Marketplace.  All of the cards from the sets were found and are now on their way.  I'll show each year's cards once I've got them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment