Thursday, December 19, 2019

Reader Chad is Santa Again!

Each year around Christmas since 2015, reader Chad had generously sent a package to me.  They've been filled with all sorts of Cub-card goodies.


He did it again!  This is a look at the stacks of cards that came my way.

About half the cards are already in my collection.  They will be going to school and included in the birthday packs that I give to my students.

The cards that are new to me will be featured over the next few days.  Many of them have inspired a hunt for all the Cubs from the particular brand.

Today I'll feature just one...


... this card, that has been signed by Shawn Boskie. The Revelation verse that he's referencing says this, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me."

The card is not from Topps, Upper Deck, Donruss, Fleer, or any other card manufacturer.



Instead, it comes from Shawn Boskie.  He had these printed up himself.  It gave him the opportunity to have a card to give to anyone requesting an autograph.  He also uses the card as an evangelism tool.  Good for him!

I don't know how rare this card is, but there is an unsigned cards available on COMC and it is listed for $56.89.  Then again, Ebay has a signed card like mine for $1.

No comments:

Post a Comment