Monday, August 14, 2023

My 55th Consecutive Topps Complete Set


I recently picked up my 2023 Topps complete set, which extends my run of sets to 55 years.  This is the second consecutive non-Brentandbecca set after getting sets from him for several years.  Last year I waited for the Topps factory set to come out and bought one.  This year I was able to get a hand-collated set off of eBay.  It was cheaper than what Topps charges for the factory set and I was also able to get it sooner.  

I have just a couple of scattered, random thoughts from when I paged through the set.

 

These are the only pictures I could find that showed a player wearing stirrups.  Two out of over 600 cards is just plain wrong!


Topps went to the trouble of Photoshopping Andrew McCutchen from a Brewers uniform into a Pirates uni.  Wouldn't it have been easier to use one of the thousands of pictures of him from his first go-around with Pittsburgh?

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Mr. Wax - Something I thought I would always do. Glad someone done it. You hold a part of baseball history in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an impressive run of complete sets! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I state once again how much I dislike Topps photoshopping efforts. Not the way to document history and why have an Update set if you are going to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I have yet to start the 2023 set.

    By the way... where did you get the binder label?

    ReplyDelete