Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ernie and Billy Together Again

A little while back the random number generator for Five Random Cubs Cards came up with this one....



....Billy Williams card from Starting Lineup's 1989 Baseball Greats.

Billy and Ernie were paired up as a set of two figures and cards. I mentioned that I didn't have the figures. Well....



....now I do. After I wrote the post I checked ebay, just for the heck of it. This was up, and it was an auction. The starting bid was the price that the set sold for back in 1989, $7.95. I set my sniper and waited for the bidding to drive the price up. That never happened, and I got the figures for the starting price. Not a bad deal when you pay the original purchase price for a collectible, 22 years later.

Here is a close-up of each player...



....Ernie in a road uniform, and....



....Billy in the home. Kenner losses some points because they didn't put pinstripes on the home uni.

What I haven't been able to do yet, it to take them out of the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment