Friday, March 24, 2023

2003 Cubs Autograph Quest

 My autograph collection of the 1989 Cubs has inspired me to go after a couple of other division-winning teams.  First up is the 2003 team.

This team came out of nowhere to win the division, then the NLDS over the Braves, before an epic collapse against the Marlins in the NLCS.

One advantage I have with this team is that 2003 is in the certified autograph era.  Because of that I already have autographs of...

 


 

... Moises Alou, Sammy Sosa, Aramis Ramirez, Mark Prior, and Dusty Baker.  That's five of the eleven that I need.

The missing six are Kenny Lofton, Alex Gonzalez, Mark Grudzielanek, Eric Karros, Damian Miller, and Joe Borowski.  I've been able to buy cards for all except Karros, and the cards are on their way.  

Ebay didn't have any listings for signed Karros cards showing him with the Cubs.  That makes sense since he was just with the team for a single season.  I thought I'd try a different route to get his autograph.  I'm going to make my first attempt at TTM (through the mail).  I was able to find an address for him and I'm going to send out a card.  We'll see how that goes.

1 comment: