Friday, March 31, 2023

Guess Where I Was Yesterday!!

 

Yup, I was at Opening Day at Wrigley Field!

The temperature was in the mid-40s, but we layered up.  Besides, it was Opening Day at Wrigley Field.  How could you be cold on Opening Day!


The game featured all of the usual OD ceremonies... player introductions, special first pitch (thrown by Cubs radio man and recent HOF selectee Pat Hughes), and a giant American Flag.  All the festivities were done by 1:00 p.m., which was 20 minutes before game time.  I guess with the cold weather they wanted to give the players a chance to loosen up before the first pitch.

The game moved quickly and was finished in 2 hours, 21 minutes.  I LOVE the pitch clock, especially at a 45° game.  We did get to witness history when Marcus Stroman was called for the MLB's first official pitch clock violation.

And the best news of the day...



The Cubs won 4-0. The pitching looked really good and the hitters put it together in the 3rd inning when the Cubs scored all four of their runs.  I get to say that I saw the first place 2023 Cubs.  I'm not sure that many others will be able to say that!

3 comments:

  1. So jealous! I would have loved to have been at an opener yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Not sure I've ever attended an Opening Day game. Hope to... one of these days.

    ReplyDelete