Wednesday, January 27, 2010

196(9) At A Time - Deckle Edge Page 4

The final page has some pretty impressive players on it; five of the eight are in Cooperstown.




#26 Richie Allen, he signed as "Rich," the back of the card says "Richie." and in a year or so he will be "Dick."



#27 Roberto Clemente
, he signed as "Roberto," but this was the era when Topps was calling him "Bob."



#28 Curt Flood



#29 Bob Gibson
This looks like it was taken at the Cardinals old home, Sportsmans Park, which they moved out of in 1966.



#30 Al Ferrara,
The Padres representative sure go himself mixed into some pretty elite company!



#31 Willie McCovey
The Giants were the other team in the set with three players, and all three are in the Hall of Fame.



#32 Juan Marichal



#33 Willie Mays

And with that, I am now completely finished with the 1969 set; really, I am.
(And yes, I know there are sticker inserts with this set, too, but I don't have any of them and I'm not planning to get any of them....I am done with 1969!!
)

No comments:

Post a Comment