Thursday, April 1, 2010

2010 Topps Target Red Card Variations

Last year Topps gave us the Walmart black card variations. Here are all the Cubs. But have any of you seen the Target red variations from the 2010 set? I got my first ones this morning.

I'm guessing that Target asked Topps for red cards, not black, to match the red in their corporate logo.



I can't decide whether I like them or not. Last year it took me a little while to warm up to the black cards, but eventually I grew to like them. Maybe the same thing will happen with these.

Anyway, I'm happy that there were two Cubs in the pack I opened.



First was pitcher Ryan Dempster.



I got real lucky with the second one, snagging a Ryne Sandberg SP variation!

So what to the rest of you think of your Target Reds?

Am I a fool to think they are OK??

4 comments:

  1. Well done, sir. Well done.

    (The 2010 Topps red variation Phillies cards are a little rough on the eyes.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like there is a nuclear explosion going on behind them. That would be cool on the Yankee cards, as I can envision A-Rod getting blown up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an autograph collector, I certainly like the look of them over the black ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those really....uh......pop, don't they? Still, they are miles better than the black ones!

    ReplyDelete