Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Milton Bradley Cards...The Non-Psycho Ones

Please don't be scared off by the title of the post. I've got cards from this



not



this!

This baseball game, put out by Milton Bradley, came out in 1969, right when I was really getting into baseball. But I have absolutely no recollection of the game. I don't remember seeing any commercials for it or seeing it in the Sears Wish Book (I found the 1969 Wish Book here and the game isn't in the catalog, though a lot of other fun toys were....be careful, you could spend hours at that website going through all of the old catalogs!) I wish I did, because I would have put it at the top of my birthday or Christmas list. Maybe I should put it on this year's list.

To me, it's the baseball cards with actual pictures of the players, that makes this more appealing than Strat-o-matic or APBA. Of course, the pictures do have a major drawback. Since Milton Bradley had only a license from the Players Association and not MLB, the cards are all absent of any team logo.

Milton Bradley had different versions of the game, from 1969, 1970, and 1972. I picked up three Cubs cards,



...1969 Billy Williams



....1969 Ernie Banks



....1970 Ernie Banks

My player collections for both Ernie and Billy has been filling up, though with mostly modern cards. I have been looking for some affordable oddballs from their playing days and these three fit the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment