Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Couple Extra Archives

In addition to the base cards, there were a few extras in Archives that I wanted to add to my collection.  The last of them arrived a couple days ago.


It was great to see Bill Buckner included in the Fan Favorites set as a Cub.  The longest and most productive part of his career was while he was in Chicago and he was definitely a favorite among the fans on the north side.  When I saw that there was an on-card autograph parallel to his base card, I was on it right away.  Even though I already has an autograph card of Billy Buck, I wasn't going to pass on this one.


Once I picked up the Buckner autograph, I figured I should get Dunston's too.  His was easier and cheaper to get than Buckner's.  Gee, I wonder why Buckner's stuff goes for more??  DId Buckner do something that makes his stuff more collectible?  Truthfully, it is a shame that Buckner's very successful 22-year career is defined / overshadowed by one play.



This is the final extra card I picked up.  Some of the other duo cards in the set really look fake, but Topps seemed to do a decent job pulling this one off.


That should do it for me with Archives.  Up next is Series Two.  An email from my dealer said the cards shipped on Saturday.  Hopefully I'll have them in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment