Monday, August 1, 2011

A Cool Grand

No, that's not how much I paid for a card.

Instead, that is what you are reading right now. This is post #1000!

When I started the blog back in January, 2009, I was most concerned with coming up with post topics. It's hard to believe that I've come up with 1000 of them.

In honor of post #1000, here is card #1000 as listed in my inventory spreadsheet



Topps 1976 Rick Monday. This is a great looking card. I love the way all the blues come together, the card border, the Cubs uniform, and the sky. 1976 was Monday's last with the Cubs. He was the starting center-fielder and smashed a career high 32 homers. The Cubs sold high on him after the season, sending him to the Dodgers for Bill Buckner. But the most notable event of Monday's 1976 season was this....





when he rescued the American flag from two protesters at Dodger Stadium on April 25.

And if I can't come up with any ideas for tomorrow, look for card #1001, Topps 1976 Jerry Morales!


4 comments:

  1. I don't like the cubs. My wife loves the cubs. Therefore, I dislike the cubs even more than someone who doesn't like the cubs. However, I have read more of your posts than I have of my own. Congrats on 1000. Very appropriate post, too, considering it is Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday should have kicked those commies' asses. We were talking one time about how lame most of Monday's cards were, lame as in lame posed pictures. Our favorite was the '73 with him sporting the awesome lamb chop sideburns. But this one works well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 1000 posts! Always nice to see Rick Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 1000.
    Monday is a class act and fits perfectly for your #1000.

    ReplyDelete