Friday, September 20, 2013

The Posts Are Arriving!

This was quick!

On Monday I decided I would go after the Post Cubs cards and I placed a couple orders with Sportlots and one with Checkoutmycards.  On Thursday the first Post card arrived.  Some of the Sportlots sellers drag their feet, but not this one.

Here's the card...


...the 1961 Don Elston.  The card is #200 in the set, the final card on a 200 card checklist.  I suppose that would make him the Post 1961 version of Mr. Irrelevant.  He doesn't look irrelevant on the picture, he looks mad.

So was Don's 1961 season irrelevant?

He led the team in appearances (58) and had a record of 6-7 with an ERA of 5.61.  It seems like an awfully high ERA for a guy that pitches in 1/3 of your games. He wasn't irrelevant, he was just not very good.


He looks much happier in the '61 Topps card.

1 comment:

  1. Great card! I've recently been getting more into Post cards, so I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your acquisitions.

    ReplyDelete