Saturday, July 2, 2016

2016 Cubs Scorecard



I finally got around to picking up a 2016 Cubs scorecard.  My collection goes back to 1947, so this makes 70 consecutive years of scorecards.

I'm proud to have a string of cards for seven decades, but I must confess that the lack of creativity on recent covers has left me bored.  I miss the days of Otis Shepard's designs and others that were inspired by him.  The recent trend of players on the covers just doesn't do it for me.

Oh well, I guess that's the way it goes.

Here's my 70 year run:




3 comments:

  1. I think the turning point on the score cards was in the early '80s when they stuck advertising on the front. Even still, I like the 2007 scorecard.
    I picked my 2016 up last week and it had John Lackey on the front. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While a decent post, I am a little surprised this spot wasn't reserved for some kind of notation about Darwin Barney pitching in the Blue Jays-Indians 19-inning game. Given how big of a Barney fan you are and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where does one go to get score cards, anyway?

    ReplyDelete