Friday, June 23, 2017

Series Two Inserts

The number of Cubs inserts from series two is off the charts...there are 28 different cards (compared to ten base cards).  It continues to amaze me just how many insert sets Topps cranks out.

Right now I've got 21 of the 28.  The ones I'm missing were retail exclusives, which Brentandbecca doesn't get.   I've ordered the others off of Sportlots and Ebay and I hope to have them soon.

With the 21 I have in hand,  I'm going to break them up among several posts.  Today I'll start with a couple new sets.



Arrieta and Bryant are in the 20 card Major League Milestones sets.  Kudos to Topps for using pictures from the game on the card.  It is almost like these are Topps Now Lite cards.




The Cubs have only one memorable event among the 50 in the Memorable Moments set.  But boy was it memorable!  This is Anthony Rizzo after he caught the throw from Kris Bryant for the final out in Game 7.

3 comments:

  1. I'm still looking to add cards to my World Series binder. The Rizzo card has been added to my checklist! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they even used different photos from the Topps Now cards for those top two.

    I'm pretty sure the Rizzo is reused though.

    I look forward to seeing the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Rizzo card is a good looking card. I still get goosebumps when I see the last out.

    ReplyDelete