Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Upgrading Willson

I had a chance to get a better certified autograph of Cubs catcher Willson Contreras and I did so.

Last year I picked up a Bowman auto because it met my rule - certified autograph, shows player as a Cub, from a year that he played for the Cubs.


Though it does show him as a Cub, it is a spring training shot and it has a minor league look to it.

I saw an auction for a 2017 Tribute autograph.  It started at a low price and never got very high.  For under eight bucks I was able to upgrade.


The picture looks much better, as he is shown at Wrigley Field.  

The only down side is that Willson's signature has gotten sloppier.  It has gone from a D- to an F.  I doubt that I'll ever be able to upgrade the signature.

2 comments:

  1. Under $8? Wow, I guess it's finally time for me to acquire my first Willson auto! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really looked but I bet the double-L in Willson causes for some misspellings and better deals.

    ReplyDelete