Monday, August 26, 2019

2019 Topps Total Wave 5 Cubs

The fifth wave arrived and there were a little surprise.

All the listings showed three Cubs: Brad Brach, Willson Contreras, and Mike Montgomery.

When my cards arrived there were just two in the package.  Mike Montgomery was missing.  I messaged the seller, letting him no he forgot to include a card.

He messaged back that Topps had changed Montgomery from the Cubs to the Royals, since he had been traded by the Cubs in mid-July.  I guess since Total is print by demand set, Topps has a much later print deadline.

SInce I only got two cards instead of the three I paid for, I politely asked the seller for a partial refund.  I haven't head back from him yet.

 

These are the two cards that I got. 

There are 16 Cubs in the first 500 Total cards.


Seven of the 16 are not on the current roster.  This is like back in the dark days of the rebuild when the roster was constantly turning over.
In AAA - Almora, Bote, Zagunis
On the IL - Descalso, Contreras, Webster
Released - Brach

No comments:

Post a Comment