Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Oops... Awesome! The 2019 Allen & GInter Mini Cubs

I love it when mistakes turn into a positive....

I recently saw a mini version of the Cubs 2019 Ginter set.  It was at a decent price so I grabbed it.  Since I wasn't getting Ginter from Brentandbecca this year, I was proud of myself for getting the cards from one seller at a decent price.


I put the cards into a tobacco card sheet and really liked the look of it... don't they look awesome!  In fact, I like the look of it better that the regular Ginter cards.  After all, the original Ginter was a tobacco product.

I wondered what this set looked like compared to other Ginter sets, so I grabbed the binder to compare.  That's when I had my "oops" moment.

Turns out I have never done the Ginter minis.

I just assumed I got those with all the other stuff from Brent and I assumed incorrectly.

But I really like the looks of the minis. So...

A new quest!

I've been shopping at Sportlots, Ebay, Beckett, and COMC and have found all of the Ginter Cubs minis going back to the first set in 2006.  They are arriving in spurts.  Once I have them all in hand I'll take a year by year look at them.

2 comments:

  1. They do look good in that page. 9 of the 14 pictured are PC guys of mine, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they do look sharp all lined up in one page like that.
    Sounds like a fun mistake to me!

    ReplyDelete