Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Post I Didn't Want to Write

I wish I didn't have to write this one. But, it is now official. With the Rockies win yesterday, the Cubs are officially eliminated from the post season and the futility is now at 101 years.

Do you know how hard it is to write that...101 years. Unbelievable!

My grandpa was a Cubs fan. In fact, besides me, he was the only other one in a Sox-heavy family. He died at the age of 83. He's been gone for 16 years. The Cubs never won a championship in his lifetime....or mine...or Sean's.

I went through my Cubs cards and pulled these eleven.



Topps 1969 Glenn Beckert....Topps 1976 Pete LaCock...Topps 1993 Jim Bulllinger...Upper Deck 1993 Shawon Dunston.....Pacific 1994 Greg Hibbard....Stadium Club 1996 Luis Gonzalez....Stadium Club 1999 Kevin Tapani....Fleer Traded 2000 Raul Gonzalez....Bowman 2001 Kerry Wood....Fleer 2006 Greg Maddux....Upper Deck 2006 Rich Hill

And the common thread in all eleven? It's on the back.





They are all card #101.

(And I hope I won't need them, but I have eight cards with #102)


No comments:

Post a Comment