Sunday, March 27, 2011

Greg Maddux Jersey Card

One modern Cub that was missing from my relic collection was Greg Maddux. I needed to add the future Hall of Famer, and I found a card that I really liked and was able to pick it up for a nice price. So now I've got Maddux added to my collection.....sort of.

Here's the card I got



It a nice looking Masterpieces card from 2008. There is a picture of Greg Maddux in a Cubs uniform and the jersey piece has a blue pinstripe. It would be the perfect card except for this:



He's listed as a Padre. The Cubs traded Maddux to the Dodgers at the trading deadline in 2006. Maddux signed with the Padres after the season for 2007, which is why they've got him as a Padre.

So that leaves me conflicted. It's a Cubs picture and Cubs jersey....it that good enough for this Cubs collector, or does the Padres listing spoil it?

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks great. I didn't even notice the Padres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Padres" is small enough to ignore it. It's the jersey that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd consider it a Cubs card, but, oooh, I really don't like the Padres.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much of a Padre lover either, since October of 1984....darn Steve Garvey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it when card companies do something like that. For me, it's okay until I notice it and then I can't get it out of my head. I actually created a seperate part of my collection for cards like this.

    ReplyDelete