Saturday, July 26, 2014

Mini Billy Ginter Collection

Normally I'd call this a rainbow, but it doesn't have a whole lot of color.  Rainbow it's not; collection it is.

Four of the players I collect were in this year's Ginter set.  With three of the four, I'm just settling for a mini card, to go with the base card that is already in the team set.....Ernie, Ryno, and Andre....I'm looking at you.  Sorry boys.

Yes, I'm playing favorites, but I can do that with my all-time favorite player.  That's what "favorite" means!

With Billy, I didn't just settle for one mini card, I got six different versions.



Like I said, there's not much color here.  These are (top row left to right) base mini, A&G back, A&G no number back, and (bottom row) A&G red flag, red border, and black border.

Four of the six have and identical front, which makes the "rainbow" even more boring.  And if you were a skeptic, you may think that I just made four copies of one front and don't even have the three A&G special back cards.

For you, I have this....


the backsides.  The top row is the base, black border, and red border (/33) The three A&G backs are on the bottom, with the number version, the no number, and the red flag, which is hand numbered /25.  The no number is supposed to be /50 but there is nothing on the card to indicate that.

The minis that I don't have are the wood version and the printing plates, which are all 1/1.  The cyan printing plate is on Ebay right now with a BIN of $59.99.  I like Billy Williams, but not that much.

3 comments: