Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Wrigley Wax = Rick Monday


It was seven years ago today the the first post of Wrigley Wax hit the net.

Rick Monday is the first Cub I can remember that wore #7, so 7 = Rick Monday.

Monday played in 702 game for the Cubs.  I've had 2,614 posts here so I've got him beat.

The Cubs traded Monday to the Dodgers right at the peak of his career and he saw his average and his power slowly slip while in Los Angeles.

I'm hoping I haven't hit my peak yet and plan to keep posting daily at 7:00 AM EST.


I have not yet rescued an America flag, so Monday does have me beat in that category.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats. As long as there is ivy on the borders, I'll be here. Of course, if the background becomes something "World Series Champs" related I'll certainly adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm on a roll. Reached #6 on 7/30/16 and #7 on 8/6/16. Next stop: catching up!

    ReplyDelete