Wednesday, June 28, 2017

2017 Cub #36

Last week the 36th player suited up for the 2017 Cubs.  Mark Zagunis was called up from Iowa as Kyle Schwarber went down (which is a story for another day).  Zagunis was a third round pick for the Cubs in 2014.  He was drafted as a catcher, but like Schwarber, moved to the outfield.  He's made a steady but unspectacular climb through the Cubs system.  I'm sure his stay with the Cubs won't be for very long.

I had a hard time finding a decent picture to use for a card.  Most of what is out there is from spring training or Iowa.  I wanted to use a picture from his time with the Cubs, so I had to cheat a little.  I took a screen capture from his debut game on June 22.  The resolution suffered when I blew up the picture to fit on the card.  I'll keep what I've got until I can find a better picture.  For now, this is from his very first MLB at bat, in which he hit into a fielders choice and got an RBI.


Here's a look at all 36 of the 2017 Cubs:



No comments:

Post a Comment