Friday, June 21, 2019

Father's Day Goodies Part II

Yesterday's Father's Day goodie was Cub-related.  Today's is for the blog.  You'd assume that since this is Wrigley Wax, anything for the blog would be Cub related.

But to get the blog up and running I need technology.  Sunday I got to replace some really old technology.


This is my scanner I've had for the past 10-12 years, the HP Scanjet 4850.  It has been a workhorse, scanning over 16,000 of my Cubs cards. 

It's age has been starting to show, however.  The scan bed glass has been getting cloudy.  HP hasn't been issuing driver updates either.  The scanner came out in the days of XP, and then moved through Windows 7 and worked flawlessly.  It's been tougher with Windows 10.  Every time a major update came through I had to reinstall the software and hope that it would work.


I no longer have to worry about the updates.  Son #1 and his wife gave this to me on Sunday, the Epson V370. It comes ready for Windows 10 and beyond.


Here is the first card on the blog from the new scanner.  This is a $3 gamble.  Duane Underwood was in the 2019 Prizm set and he is currently in AAA.  If he gets called up during the year, he would be an autograph rule-follower.  I'm rolling the dice.

Whether he makes it or not, I've got a new, crystal-clear scan of his card!

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to get a new scanner.

    Good luck with Underwood getting called up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see Underwood getting the call in September, but we'll have to wait and see!
    I like how that card scanned. Here's to another 16,000+ cards being scanned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always exciting to break in a brand new scanner.

    ReplyDelete