Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Cubs New 1969 Website


I've made it no secret that the 1969 Cubs team is my favorite of all-time.  It's the team that made me a Cubs fan and the team that broke my heart.

Fifty years later the team is still talked about, which is pretty surprising for a team that won nothing.  In fact, they're a team that blew it.

Maybe that's why we still talk about them. Losing has a different mystique.  We can discuss several "what ifs".  It they won, we'd have just one thing to talk about.

Yesterday the Cubs debuted an entire website devoted to the 1969 Cubs - 1969chicagocubs.com



 There are five different chapters to look over, each with a video.  It was an enjoyable trip down memory lane.  Even if your not interested in the Cubs, I still recommend you take a look.  The chapter on the Bleacher Bums was especially good.  Take a look!


1 comment:

  1. Very cool. When I get some downtime I'll be sure to take a look!

    ReplyDelete