Saturday, September 14, 2019

1968 Kahn's Weiners Billy Williams

I nabbed a card I've been hunting for a long time!

Kahn's Weiners issued sets in both 1968 and 1969 and Billy Williams was included in each.  The 1969 card was not a tough find and I've had it for years.

It hasn't been as easy to get the 1968 version.  Right now there is just one listed on Ebay.  It's the full panel card and its listed at $300.  No thanks.

Last week, though, another one was listed.  It was a cut version of the card, not the full panel.  No problem there, since just the trimmed card is what most collectors have.  The price was not inexpensive, but also not out of line.  I've been getting some overtime pay recently and decided to splurge. 


A little cropping of the picture would have been nice.


The 1969 card is much tighter.

I not only splurged with the card, but I went with a graded version.


The hobby has been shaken over that past few months with a scandal involving trimmed cards getting graded.  At least with this one trimming isn't an issue.  The card has to be trimmed.

My Billy PSA collection now has 116 of the 143 listed items that show him with the Cubs.

2 comments:

  1. Love me some overtime pay! Mine goes straight to cardboard, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I'd love the opportunity to work some overtime, so I could add more money to my hobby budget.

    ReplyDelete