Thursday, December 12, 2019

Looking Back at 2015

Total Number of Cubs cards in the collection from 2015: 398, a seventh place finish

Total Number of brands collected: 24 brands.  Donruss made its return and Heritage '51 had its one and only set.



Brands and number of Cubs cards:
Topps - 83
Allen & Ginter - 32
Autographs - 7
Archives - 10
Bowman - 21
Bowman's Best - 5
Chrome - 12
Diamond King - 12
Donruss - 7
Factory team set - 17
Finest - 4
Gypsy Queen - 24
Heritage - 58
Heritage '51 - 6
Opening Day - 10
Pro Debut - 11
Relics - 7
Stadium Club - 8
Topps Stickers - 10

Ernie Banks - 7
Darwin Barney - 4
Andre Dawson - 2
Ryne Sandberg - 4
Billy Williams - 17

The player with the most cards: Anthony Rizzo was the winner with 32.  This was Rizzo's second year in a row at the top of the list.


The nastiest looking card: I know its easy to pick on a logoless card, but the look of his pitching hand is what freaked me out.  It looks like a stump.



My favorite card:  I have a tie this year.


 

I had the original game cards from 1969, so the Heritage versions were going to be a good thing for me. The fact that they made Rizzo's card a hit by pitch, since he is usually among the league leaders in beanings, was brilliant.  And I love the look on his face, like he's saying, "Go ahead and hit me, I'll take the base!"

The Arrieta card is awesome too, because of his facial expression.  That is the look of a Cy Young winner!


1 comment:

  1. Kind of bland options for favorite card in 2015. I think I would have went with the Rizzo, too. Although, Eddie Vedder has my eye as well.

    ReplyDelete