Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Construction at the WW World Headquarters

 The Wrigley Wax World Headquarters is undergoing some renovations.

The 20-year-old carpeting was in need of replacement.  And of course if you are going to put in a new floor, you need to paint the walls first.  While you're at it, the electrical should be upgraded and the lighting changed too.

So guess what I've been working at since Christmas.  It's been an on and off process as I first try to figure things out.





These pictures show the headquarter before the work began.  

This was not going to be a fun project because I'd have to move out all the folders and shelves, along with my desk.  The packs on the wall would have to come down, too.

Here's a look from a week and a half ago.  The cards and desk are gone.  The carpet has been torn out in half the area.

A week later all of the carpeting is gone and the walls have been painted.  I already rehung the full sheet of cards along with a couple of pictures.  I like having a little sense of completion.

We're skipping carpet and instead going with vinyl plank flooring.  Since this is a basement, I needed to put plastic down over the cement floor.  The next and biggest step is the flooring and I plan to install it over the next week or so.  

My desk has been moved into a different room in the basement, and the metal shelves with the binders are in the same room.  I wanted to make sure that I could still use my computer and have access to the cards.

The shelves with my Cubs cards are in another room in the basement and they too are accessible.

If things go according to my plans, I hope to have this wrapped up by Opening Day.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't run into any major snags.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice. Also fortunate that you could relocate things temporarily to keep everything smooth and still organized. Congrats it is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy heck, I couldn't do that even if I was retired. Some project. It'll look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all of those binders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I may suggest some inspiration here. How about a custom wall poster of a window with a view of Wrigley Field? Something like this poster:

    https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1576373

    Just substitute the stadium for that movie character. Or maybe even a full-size wall mural of your favorite ballpark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I can convince Mrs. WW to do one of those. She is the general contractor and chief decorator while I'm just the underpaid laborer!

      Delete
    2. Well, hopefully Mrs. WW will agree to adding something that will give WW headquarters some Wrigley Field "character".

      Delete
    3. bbcardz - He should put in some ivy! :)

      (WW - I know you already have some outside.)

      Delete
  5. I really find the renovation process fun, but it is definitely first runner up to enjoying time in the newly done space. Keep up the great work! You're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it's coming along. Nice job. Multi-room basement? I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete