Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Saved Search Email Disappointment

I have saved searches on eBay for items that are missing from my collection.  I'm assuming many of you do, too.  It is always a great feeling to open my inbox and find an email from eBay telling me that one of those most-wanteds has been listed.

Then again, some of those emails can also be extremely disappointing.  I got one of those over the weekend.

My Cubs program and scorecard collection goes back to 1932.  It stops there because I haven't found an affordable one from 1931.  

I was excited when I saw this...a 1931 scorecard was listed!  My excitement was short-lived, when I continued reading on

The seller was asking four hundred bucks.  Ouch!  That is waaaaaay more than I've paid for any of my scorecards, even the others I have from the same time period.  I guess my collection will continue to go back only to 1932.

2 comments:

  1. That's a steep asking price. Hope you're able to eventually add one of these to your collection at a way more affordable price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My saved search disappointments are usually the one's where the item in the email isn't even close to what my saved search is for.

    ReplyDelete