Wednesday, March 13, 2024

The Fourth Shelf

 I have my pack collection displayed on three shelves.  Each year when I add the newest pack, I show the three shelves and how they have progressed over the years.

Two days ago I showed this picture of the packs in the renovated room.  Some of you may have noticed, however, that there are actually four shelves on the wall.

So what is on the fourth shelf, you may ask.

Ask no more.

On the far left is something I picked up years ago from the Topps Vault.  It is the actual picture used to make the 1973 card for Cubs back-up catcher Ken Rudolph.  I picked it up years ago for next to nothing.  I thought it was a nice little oddball for the Cubs collection.  Next to the picture is the actual Rudolph card.

Next are my three actual T206 cards for the noted Cubs double play combination of Tinker to Evers to Chance.  They are my only real T206's and they are the oldest cards in my collection.

Next to the T206s are relic cards for the same trio, which I saw as a nice compliment to the T206 cards.

Another Topps Vault item is next.  This is a 1/1 blank back card of Darwin Barney's rookie card.  Next to that is a PSA 10 of the same card.  I don't have many graded cards in my collection but this seemed to make sense to add to my Barney player collection.

More Barney items follow, little figures of him made by OYO.  I not only have the three that show him as a Cub, but I even have the Dodger Barney version too.

The final two items are of Billy Williams.  The first is his figure from the Trans-o-gram set.  The box is beat up, but it is an original box.  On the end is a pin given out at Wrigley Field on Billy Williams Day in 1969.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I wonder if there's a clear box you can store that Williams box and figure in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great display! Those OYO's are really cool. They don't pop up on blog posts often... but I wish they did.

    ReplyDelete