Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Progress!

Thanks for all the kinds words and encouragement on the headquarters renovation.  I thought I'd share of picture of the progress as of Tuesday night.

About two-thirds of the basement has the flooring finished and I've moved all the bulky furniture to the completed side of the room.  The installation has gone quicker than I figured.  However, I've done the easy part.  Other than having to trim around the fireplace and stairway landing, everything has been a straight shot.

What I have left won't be so easy.  It had a pillar and four doorways.  I expect it will take a couple more days.  Then I have to put the baseboards back and install new lighting.  

But there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel.

7 comments:

  1. Glad it's going well. Hope you can finish up the renovation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I redid the floors of my bedroom a few years ago. Working around the doors will be a pain, but it'll look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a fireplace in a basement before. Is that a common thing in your area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s not common, but it’s not unusual either.

      Delete
  4. Keep up the good work! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flooring looks really nice. The ceiling looks like my ceiling in my Dodger mancave, lol.

    ReplyDelete