Friday, March 15, 2024

The Billy and Barney Shelves

 As long as I'm showing shelves, I might as well show a couple more.  

These two displays are on top of the shelving units that I use to store all of my Cubs binders.  Top top of one shelf has Billy Williams items while there are Darwin Barney things on the other.

The Billy shelf is below my framed autographs of #26.  First, there are a few non-Billy things, a couple of Cubs beer steins and the Dansbury Mint Wrigley Field.

 

The Billy bobblehead was a Wrigley Field giveaway from 2009.  On the right is a replica of his statue that was given out in 2015.  The little bear in front on the left is a Cherished Teddy from a 2002 promotion.

There is one more bobblehead that I will pick up sometime in the next month or so.  Last season the Cubs did a Billy bobblehead but it had the wrong number on the player.  A corrected version was made.  I haven't decided which one to get, or if I will try to get both the error and accurate one.

The Darwin Barney items are on the shelf below a couple of his jerseys.  On the left is a batting practice jersey from his time with the Peoria Chiefs (which came to me compliments of P-Town Tom).  On the left is an authenticated game jersey from 2014.

On the shelve's left are two bobbleheads given away in 2013.  One out of every ten of the 10,000 given out was the special gold version.  

The bobblehead on the right was given out by the Tennessee Smokies, also in 2013.  

Finally, there is a replica of his 2012 Gold Glove given out at Wrigley in April, 2013.  I actually went to that game and got the trophy in person, while freezing at the same time.

Finally, in the middle is an actual Darwin Barney glove, along with a signed ball.  All of my Barney items relate to his Gold Glove win.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour of the newly remodeled WW Headquarters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Error bobbleheads? The hoarder in me just got excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought for a second that all of those binders were those guys' cards, and was gonna say that there's no way that they could've had that many cards issued.

    ReplyDelete