Wednesday, November 9, 2011

2011 Update Manupatches

The Throwback patches checklist from the Update set included two Cubs among the 50 players, Fergie Jenkins and Ryne Sandberg. The patch used was from the 1929 Cubs, a team that won the NL pennant (Yea!!) and then lost the World Series to the A's in five games (Boo!!!).





And this time, Topps got the patch right! Last season they had a patch card from the same era, but used...



...the wrong color for the C.

Good to see they are learning from their errors!

These two cards make #265 and #266 in my Topps 2011 collection. And I think that other than the Sandberg Die Cut, these are the last two. To get 267 cards from one set in one season seems crazy to me. But I couldn't resist the different parallels this year. I'm just chalking that up to the fact that this was a special anniversary season. Next year, it will be base only, plus a few inserts....really....I promise.

....Of course, that's what I said last year, too!

We'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment