Tuesday, October 8, 2013

An Autograph I Was Required to Get...

Today's card is an autograph card that I was required to get according to my collection rules.  For autographs, my rule is to have a certified autograph card for any player that had one issued during a season that they played for the Cubs.  If not for the rule, I never would have bothered with...


...an autograph of Kyuji Fujikawa.  I've already discussed his lousy season and bloated contract in the Chrome post a couple days ago.  There's no need to go over the sad details today.  And the card only set me back five bucks.


Instead, let's discuss Kyuji's horrible penmanship.  Granted, the English alphabet is not his native hand.  But really, does anyone see anything resembling a letter among that scribble?  Couldn't he have at least tried to make it look like something in English?

I teach third and fourth grade.  The kids in my class would be doing a lot of extra practice pages if they turned in work that looked like Fujikawa's signature.

It was not a good year for Kyuji--an F for his work on the field, and an F for his autograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment