Friday, January 3, 2014

...And We're Back....2014 Collection Goals

I had some difficulties on Wednesday that kept me from writing my intended post for yesterday...

Every year Mrs. WW's side of the family gets together on January 1 to have their Christmas gathering. This year we were meeting at her brother's house, about two hours away...and he lives just outside of Ann Arbor.  Maybe you saw Ann Arbor on TV on January 1...the Red Wings - Maple Leafs hockey game at the Big House.  Did you notice all the snow they were getting? Guess what we got to drive in...for the entire trip.

We got there slowly, but safely...celebrated Christmas...opened gifts...watched hockey and football...and then left a little early to head back home.  Thirty minutes later, the car was dead on the side of the interstate.  Apparently, when a fuse box shorts, it melts, the car doesn't run, and an acrid smell fills the car.  A tow truck took us to a repair shop and the brother-in-law picked us up at the shop and brought us back to his house.  We spent the night at his house, and my plan for writing a post when I got home went up in smoke (car fuse box smoke!)

We found out in the morning that our car wouldn't be ready until Friday...if the parts they ordered got there.  We rented a car and got home yesterday.  The roads were still a bit rough and our usual 1 3/4 hour drive took three.  But we made it, though we have to go back today or tomorrow to pick up our car.

So...Happy New Years!

Yesterday's post was going to be my goals for 2014.  Here they are...a day late but I've still got 362 days left to get them done.

GOAL #1: Add my usual Cubs team sets as they are released: Topps flagship, Heritage, Opening Day, Factory Team set, Bowman, Allen and Ginter, Chrome, Gypsy Queen, and Update.

GOAL #2: Add the complete sets of the flagship, update, and Allen and Ginter.

GOAL #3: Add any autograph and relic cards for Cubs players that haven't previously had one.

GOAL #4: Continue adding to the player collections.  I'm really going to try harder this year to increase the Sandberg collection.

GOAL #5: Add odd-ball sets. I plan to keep up my daily search of ebay for these.  Up first is going to be Starting Line Up.

GOAL #6: Enjoy working on goals 1-5. I'm in trouble when I can't meet this goal.

2 comments:

  1. It's always something ... Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on your hobby goals and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete